Positive health is a concept within healthcare in which health is seen as the ability to adapt and take control in the light of social, physical and emotional challenges, whereby the following dimensions are basically distinguished:
- bodily functions
- Mental functions and experience
- Spiritual/existential dimension
- Quality of life
- Social participation
- Daily functioning
The basic ideas of seeing health as an integral (holistic) system have been the vision since its foundation in 2009. We do, however, believe that the above dimensions are too abstract and therefore difficult to translate into practice. This is precisely the reason why we went in search of a method that pursues the same principle, but which can better be compared with the content of this symptom finder. After careful consideration, we have set up the following dimensions under the heading 'Positive health treatment matrix':
- Regular medicines
- Over-the-counter medicines
If you look closely, on the right side of the radar plot you will mainly see treatments that you can influence yourself and on the left side treatments that involve regular health care.
This positive health treatment matrix provides a summary of all treatments available for the condition in question, weighted with the associated weighting factor. This enables you as a visitor to quickly estimate which dimension can add value to your disease process. It becomes visually clear that in many cases you also have an influence on the degree of recovery. In combination with the regular care process, this makes it possible to heal faster and thus keep the care costs socially bearable.
- Self-care these are treatments that can be applied yourself without the intervention of a healthcare provider
- Relaxation This concerns treatments that have common ground with relaxing the body or mind
- Movement / training Treatments from movement and training
- Food/supplements this concerns treatments that are aimed at food, supplements or herbs
- Therapy These are treatments with a medical or alternative therapy
- Diagnosis These are topics aimed at diagnosing a disease.
- Surgical These are treatments that are performed surgically
- Regular medicine: these are treatments that are carried out by healthcare providers. Think of chemotherapy or other medication
- Self-care medicine These are medicines that are freely available in the store
Did you know that?
Did you know that you can influence your own illness by 52%? Think of self-care, relaxation, exercise and nutrition.
This has been shown by a study by symptomfinder.nl, which is based on 2725 disorders with the associated treatments on 1.7 million records. Below is the summary of the research.
Something not clear or do you want to know more about this method? Let us know via the contact form.